Monday, June 19, 2006

Monday Morning....

I typed the title and then thought, "It's barely morning!" Oh well...

I got up this morning and exercised for about 30 minutes. YEA ME!! I hate exercise but it is necessary. Then I got the kids up and we busied ourselves with morning chores and then breakfast.

They quickly got to their Latin lessons and then some math.

Now DD and I just put the makings of some bread in the bread machine and DS is up in his room. He said to clean but I figure he's building with Lego's.

I love homemade bread. YUM!! I actually like to make it myself but it takes so much time and heats up the kitchen. So I bought myself a new bread machine for Mother's day and it's not been working out too well for me. I've thrown out 3 loaves so far. They just aren't mixing well. I can't decide if it's the recipes or the machine. The mixing is probably the machine but I've had one turn out okay but the taste was horrible! That's the recipe.

For me the whole purpose of the bread machine, is that I just throw in the ingredients and then move on to other things, but with this one I'm having to really sit and watch it. I keep having to add water as it is kneading. I never had this trouble with my last bread machine but it was really having problems at the end (it was 9 years old), that's why I got the new one. I wonder now if it is the climate here and that the old machine was fine. (I kept the old one though because it also makes butter! Love it!) Hmmmm.... Since we've lived here my bread in the machine has not turned out at all.

When you do it all by hand you can feel what needs to be done and don't really think about it so maybe that is it. The climate. But I don't really think the climate here is that different from the last place we lived. Maybe it's altitude... I don't know the altitude here or our last place we lived though so I'll never know. Any ideas?

It is cloudy here and it's making me feel tired. Clouds always bring out the worst in me. On cloudy days, I need to be alone with my thoughts or a good book. Not an easy task though. I'm afraid DS takes after me here. Poor kid. He's been cranky this morning too so the two of us together have not been fun to be around. POOR DD!!

Well, she is wanting to try the needle (she got a Sewing Kid Kit for her bday) so I'm off to help with that. What happened to alone with a book??? This will be fun though. Until next time...

No comments: