Friday, June 23, 2006

Getting lost in books...

Yes, I'm back to my reading... well I talked about reading on my other blog... Anyway, I love to read, to get lost in books. I frequently get lost and get so absorbed I can't do anything but read. That's kind of where I am right now.

I call it my escapism. Is that a word? I'll find out when I do spell check... anyway, it's my escape from life without DH. It's how I cope. Last time he was gone, spent close to $1000 on books. I didn't realize it until much later of course (I'd never have spent so much knowingly). I've been a lot better this time. I've been occupied reading homeschooling books and websites and lots of blogs. But I did get a good deal on some books a while back and went crazy buying them but then never got to reading them!! Crazy! But this week I've been making up for lost time!

I've also been busy writing lots of letters to DH. I love letter writing and stationary and all that goes with it. I'm not really all that eloquent but... I think it is important that DH get letters from me regularly even though we talk often and email. A handwritten letter means so much more. Well, it does to me anyway.

Then, I've also been writing in my journal. Just after Christmas, I decided to really start keeping a journal of the time while DH is away. Something he can read and maybe see some of what we experienced while he was away. Who knows if he'll ever read it but it's therapy for me.

So, I guess the point of all is that I've been keeping busy, reading and writing. So, if I'm missing for a day or two, don't worry, I'm just lost in a book.

No comments: