Tuesday, June 13, 2006

If it's not one thing, it's another...

I'm telling you! Really!! Got up this morning to get ready, to take DS to his golf lessons and the car wouldn't start!! I guess the battery is dead. Don't know how that happened. I guess maybe someone left a light on, but I can't tell because there are no lights on now! So now I have to see if I can get someone to come over and hook it up to our charger. Yes, I'm one of those helpless females. Sorry girls. I've just had a man to take care of me too long, I guess.

Thankfully we have 2 vehicles, so I got DS to his lesson. DD and I went to our church which is near his lesson and practiced on the piano for a bit and then practiced her handwriting.

I'm appalled at the lack of handwriting instruction in school these days. I guess they just put the letters in front of the kids and let them figure out how to form them by themselves. And it's not just my kids either. I helped at VBS last night and watched how other children wrote and was very surprised that they don't know how to properly form their letters either.

I really believe that there is a right and a wrong way to start each letter. You should do things in a certain order and way. It makes things easier in the long run. I mean really! No wonder my kids handwriting is so messy.

So we worked on that and she didn't enjoy it but we joked about it and that made it a little better. I'll get off my soap box now...

At this moment, we are cleaning their rooms. Yes, we are still working on them. I went and bought some really pretty decorative boxes for DD's room to help her and then I bought some very masculine ones for DS's room. I get so angry when I go into their rooms. I have cleaned both their rooms spotlessly, so that everything has a place (several times!!) but they just can not pick up after themselves for anything!! Drives me crazy.

Today I bought a Flip book for them on cleaning their rooms. I hope it helps them. I ordered it online through Free Homeschool Stuff and got it free, just had to pay shipping. I've got several things through them and it works well for us. If you homeschool and you haven't ever checked them out you really should. Even if you don't homeschool, they have some really neat stuff; computer games, science kits and so on.

Well, my break is over. Have a great day!

No comments: