Thursday, February 23, 2006

DD is home today...


Good morning, dear friends! DD is home sick today. Her tummy is hurting really bad. She vomited a few times a few days ago but the pain is lingering. A friend at church last night told me that the virus that's going around lingers for 10 days. Hopefully NOT! and she will be able to get rested and feel well enough to go back to school tomorrow. (For the new visitors, I homeschool DS who is 11 and in the 6th grade. DD is still in public school 1st grade by her choice.)

DS is busy correcting a couple of mistakes from yesterday's math lesson. They were just careless but I still want him to be able to figure it out and NOT be careless. We will do some history and language today also (he'll do another lesson in math too) and then I'm going to try to slip in some science as well.

I'm ready for spring! I want to go outside and clean up the yard and flower beds for the new growth to come. That's science right? I can't wait for a warm afternoon to do all this in. DD wants to plant some veggies. I don't really have a place to do a real garden so we are going to try our hand at container gardening. I definitely do not have a green thumb so I'm hoping DD will.

We tried a container garden when we lived in Hawaii when my son was little (DD was a baby so she doesn't remember it) and we grew a few things. I hope we can do better this time. I wonder if my kids will eat veggies better if they are the ones growing them? hmmm... I hope so!

If anyone has any tips for our container garden please share them!!! We can use all the help we can get!! We are thinking of trying zucchini, squash, carrots, cherry tomatoes and I'm not even sure what we can do. Tip away!!

No comments: