Tuesday, August 22, 2006

We are working but it almost seems too easy. That worries me.

DD is loving it. You should see her during the days. She is so funny and active. She almost runs from one lesson to the next and wants to read every time in between! She is doing great. It's almost too easy.

DS is doing great too. He takes forever to do his math and complains a lot but is doing much better than he was just a couple of weeks ago.

They both want to read, read, and read. We do a lot of it. I've started reading a book to them. It's a little easy for DS but it's perfect for DD. I figure that we can rotate the level of books for them. They both just love it and they enjoy a read-a-loud. They both do a lot of reading on their own too.

I feel like we need to more, since it's been seeming so easy. I worry we aren't doing enough or covering enough. I hope we are and I just have to trust we are.

2 comments:

Amy Witt said...

Hey girl. DOn't worry about not doing enough. Don't forget all the fluff that goes on in PS. Recess, lunch, line up time, get our coat time, busy work, etc..all of that has been eliminated from your schedule. You are doing the meat and potatoes of schooling without the extra stuff thrown in.

I am glad to find your HS blog. I guess I did know you had one but I had forgotten about it.

We are two weeks into school and this year is better than last.

Sherri Williams said...

my fear here is the dreaded standardized testing. DS has to take one this spring and worry. "What if I've not done good enough!"

I'm glad you found us over here too!