Thursday, March 02, 2006

Spring is in the air... well, for today anyway! I'm getting spring fever. The kids want to be outside always! I want to work on the house and the yard. I'm really not very good at either.

We had horticulture today. I think DS enjoyed it for a while but then he came to me and said, "I'm going to get started on my math now." Too funny!

I'm really not very good at yard work. For one thing it really hurts my back. Besides that though, I just don't know what I'm doing. I was really just trying to clean the beds out so that new growth could start but I'm afraid that I may have pulled some of that new growth out. But regardless, it was good to be outside in the sunshine for a while and spend that time with DS.

We also went to the library this afternoon. That was nice. DS read a juvenile version of the "Iliad" and the "Odyssey" last month and now wants to read the real thing. He's so funny. He loves to read.

We've been doing a lot of talking about writing. DS hates to write. He loves to tell stories but absolutely hates to write. He hates to write anything at all. We've tried the journal thing but he doesn't do it. So I'm at a loss. While we were outside this morning, he kept asking somewhat philosophical questions. I told him that those would be good things to write about in his journal. Pose the question in his journal and then write about the different answers or thoughts. Well.... total no go. He has a big writing assignment coming up and it is going to be like pulling teeth to get him to do but... I've got a good pair of pliers!

No comments: