Thursday, March 09, 2006

Burn out?

No, not really but I'm feeling very cranky and DS is feeling really lazy and has an attitude this week. He's been slow and careless. It's driving me insane! How do you take a break and still do school? Now, that didn't make any sense!

I've been thinking a lot about next year. DD will probably be home with us too. She'll be in 2nd grade and DS will be in 7th. I've been thinking a lot more about unit studies but I'm not sure about it. I really like the classical approach, although I do it lightly.

Things really are going well, I just get frustrated and so does he. I really need to look into all our options. I'm not sure we like the History Odyssey. There are parts we enjoyed but not much. We really enjoyed just doing it on our own but I worried so much about not covering what needed to be covered. So anyway, we will probably be looking for something else for DS. I may use TWTM books (can't think of what they are called) for DD. I wish they had something for the older kids too.

Hmmm... now that I mention it, I may try their grammar for DD too. DS has been using "Language Arts Through Literature" this year and we like it for the most part but I may keep my mind open to TWTM curriculum that they have out there. (Meaning Susan Wise Bauer and Jesse Wise books that follow their book TWTM.)

Anyway, just thoughts for today. Frustrations and nerves are high in this house today. We need DH home and no more sickness. We need spring.

2 comments:

Just Here For Now said...

Spring fever! Go outside and take a walk, or take the books outside. Maybe take some pictures. Notice everything changing. Just turn the daily perspective a little. We all need it once in a while! (hugs) ~ Miss Roxie

Sherri Williams said...

I know!! I like your ideas! Thanks Miss Roxie!!!