Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Double Helix

DS has been studying DNA so we made DNA models the other day.  They had a great time with it.  Check them out below.

This is DS's first model


This is DD's

They had fun with this one.  I was so afraid that DS would eat all the twizzlers and gummy bears before we got done but it appears that MOM was the one with this issue!  LOL  I ate a ton of gummy bears.  No wonder I don't usually buy them.... well that the fact that there is nothing REAL in them!  There were also safety precautions as they were using pointy tooth picks.  We laughed when we read this and joked about it being silly until we heard DS say, "OUCH!  I'm bleeding."  HAHAHA  We got a good laugh out of that.  He is 15!  I really think he was trying see why they would even bother to put such a silly precaution... he found out.  LOL

 
DS's other model

 
DD's other one
They had fun again. There were safety precautions with this one too... be careful with the scissors... after DS's goof on the other one I did the cutting for them.  LOL  They had fun and learned a lot.

No comments: