Thursday, January 18, 2007

This week

This week has been rather slow. DH was home on Monday so we spent the day with him. It was very nice and we all enjoyed it.

Then Tuesday we did our "community" work. We filled the Fuel Bags at our church and then we filled the children's folders for Sunday morning. Afterward, we went to the library and checked out the books we need for the next week or two in our Pioneer Study.

Wednesday we worked hard on our lessons. DS has started doing some more structured grammar and a little geography and science along with his math. Of course our history is the Pioneer study. I think they are enjoying it. We've been learning about Sacagawea, Conestoga Wagons and the Monroe Doctrine. DD and I are reading "Little House in the Big Woods" and she is loving it. We are all almost finished with "My Side of the Mountain" which we all love. It's a great story.

Today has been more of the same as yesterday. Tomorrow we are going to the Theater to see "Mittens, Tom Kitten and Moppet: More tales of Beatrix Potter ". It's a little young for DS but I think Live theater is good for everyone.

We are busy busy busy. I need to do some more planning and such but I think we are doing pretty well.

Have a wonderful day dear friends and let me hear from you!

No comments: