Friday, January 26, 2007

Nature

This morning after DH left for work, the kids and I bundled up and went for a nature walk out at our local fairgrounds.

DD just kept saying isn't it beautiful! Too cute. DS just kept talking about how he wants us to buy some property and build a house on it. He wants "about 50 acres but 22 will do". He's so funny. I wish I could do it for him. I would in a heartbeat if we had the money and some property to buy!

We saw a couple of different types of birds and we watched the water move along wondering what was underneath that we couldn't see. We walked for quite a ways. We looked at the different trees. Did I mention that our Fairgrounds is an arboretum? Well, it is and they had some wonderful trees. The magnolias were the only green trees and then there were a couple of American Holly bushes that were green. They were all lovely. Some of the other trees had little buds on them still tightly closed. There was one tree (not marked with a name) that had these furry little buds all over it.

I only wish I had remembered to take the camera!! The pictures would have been great! They love going on these walks. We had been doing weekly but some how got out of the habit. I need to get back into it!

No comments: