Thursday, July 27, 2006

Christmas???

It feels like it at my house! I got my swap last week and now the homeschool curriculum is coming in all the time! It's wonderful! I love mail and packages are even better.

The kids are even getting excited about it all. DD got her Math stuff today. She is beside herself! Even DS came running out saying, "I want to see her math!! What's it look like?" Then he was slightly disappointed because he thinks hers looks neater than his. I told him it was the age difference but still. hehe

We are expecting 5 more packages I think. I think they excited about it!!

We are going to start school on Monday. I know that when DH gets back there will be some days we won't get a lot done so I figure we will get started a little early.

We've actually already started. I've added in a little here and there and they haven't really seemed to notice. To funny. Not full days or anything like that but enough that it is school. Yesterday DD had science and DS participated but not as thoroughly. We found a beautiful locust next a newly discarded shell. It was really neat and DD thought it awesome!! She drew a picture of it. Maybe I'll start scanning some of their work and put it on here. Who knows.

Anyway, DS then proceeded to catch it in a jar so that they could observe it. Later in the day they let it go. DD also had some reading.

They played games yesterday, that in my opinion count as math and logic. Then today we've had music and will have some reading here in a bit. They are actually having fun. It's great. Schooling is found in most everything you do. Just look for it.

Now if only the lawnmower kid would come!! Have a great day!

No comments: