Friday, October 14, 2005

Backtracking...


Well, I'm finding out more about what my DS knows and what he doesn't know. I'm appalled at what they either don't teach in school or what they don't monitor to see if it's been learned! It's really unreal and rather scary.

I'm also finding that we've been "doing school" at home too. I really didn't intend to but we were. Things were going great for us until I started "doing school" when I bought that curriculum. Now we are going back to eclectic homeschooling but will still use the curriculum as a guide and check point. The problem is somethings are too easy and then others he has no clue about! What strange is that it's the really simple stuff that he somehow missed in public school. Maybe from our moves. But it's easy enough to catch up on I just have to find out those things and then search info out on the net.

It's coming but so far all the books I've read have been right. The first year is trial and error. It'll all work out.

No comments: