Thursday, August 19, 2010

My baby

My precious baby boy
Well, today my baby boy starts his first college class for dual enrollment.  He told me yesterday that he is excited.  I'm glad he is.  Mom on the other hand is sick to my stomach. 

I guess that you need to know that as a kid I always cried the first day of school from day one all the way through college!  I don't like change much and I definitely don't like new things.  I'm a status quo kind of gal.  My kids first days of school, I cried just the same, every year until we started homeschooling.

And now, here we are again.  I wish I could just turn back the clock to those toddler years where my baby boy would sit in my lap and snuggle or come get in bed with me for morning snuggle times.  I miss those days and would run back in heart beat! 

Oh, I know these are exciting days too.  I am so very proud to see my kids grow up and become who they are meant to be.  I'm very proud of how smart and talented they are and they are smart and talented. I love to watch them grow, I just hate how fast it all happened.  I miss those little hands in mine.  I miss those sweet, sweet hugs where they squeezed me so super tight.  They still hug me all time, over and over again all day but not those "I'm going to squeeze you to death" type.  I miss the I love you more, no I love you more game.  I miss my babies.

But I love my teens too and that means college is coming fast and furious!  So, today is the first day of his college class.  Will I cry?  Well, I'm tearing up now as I type.  I just hope I don't tear up in front of him!  I just love that boy!  I am so proud of him.

So, DS, I love you!  Have fun today!  Pay attention, take good notes, sit in one of the first 3 rows, and miss me just a little bit, okay?  I love you!

No comments: