Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Feeling so frustrated

DS wants more oh, I don't know, interaction? I just don't know what to do. That I know of there aren't any groups in our area just for high schoolers. He wants to be with his age more and well, we just don't know many older homeschoolers. He'll be starting high school in the fall. He loves the homeschooling but misses some of the classroom environment, learning with others. I'm not really sure what to do. I've thought sending out an email to see if anyone else is interested in a high school homeschool group but then I'd kind of be starting it and I'm not really sure I have that kind of time. I've spent the last few days online trying to find other high schoolers locally but they seem to not be where I can find them easily.

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel helpless. I really don't want DS to go back to school but I'm not going to stop him if it's what he really wants. I really don't think it's what he wants, he's just feeling lonely. Poor guy.

I did find out a little about some local drama classes. We will sign up for the summer playhouse for starters and hopefully he will have a ball. Then someone told me that they have a Saturday Youth Workshop during the school year that we will try to get into also. I'm really hoping this will make him happy and then my worries will be over but until then.... I'll keep trying to find all I can.

Again... all ideas, suggestions and encouragements are welcome!

No comments: