Saturday, April 12, 2008

Feeling better...

Well, I'm feeling a little better. DS is pleased that I've been trying so hard to find something for him. We still haven't found much but I think just that fact that I'm trying helped him.

We had Gym and Swim yesterday and I think he had a lot of fun. It was the FIRST time that he actually said he had FUN when I asked him. I think he is opening up a little to other homeschoolers now. He's funny in that he worries that some homeschoolers are kind of weird (please don't be offended) and so I think he often distances himself but he seems to really be trying more and I'm so glad. He will be much happier this way.

Mom is trying more too. I had some of the same feelings myself but I'm also very shy so I have to really make myself reach out to people but I have definitely been trying. I have to say that some of the first homeschoolers we met did kind of turn us off because they did seem... hmm... not really sure how to put it weird is really the only word I think of for now. Sorry. But they aren't really, I mean really we are ALL weird in our way. I have a friend who is often talking about how weird homeschool families are and at first I was kind of with her but now we have been one for 3 years and you know, they really aren't any different from anyone else. They, we are friendly and kind and very inclusive. My friend has been kind of making me feel insulted lately and I'm not really sure what to do about it.

Oh well... DS is feeling a little better. I did find us a group that we are going to try next week that I hope they enjoy. There is only one child in it my son's age but... we'll see. DD is very excited about it. She loves getting together with others plus they will be planting flowers so she will be even more excited.

This week was kind of laid back because I was busy researching but next week are back at it hard.

Have a wonderful weekend dear cyber and homeschooling friends.

No comments: