Monday, April 16, 2007

I guess it's been awhile...

Sorry about that. We've been busy as usual. I think that somehow we have started sort of unschooling. It was not intentional at all, it just kind of happened. We enjoy it though. The math happens no matter what. I don't think it can be unschooled. It just has to be taught.


We've been listening to a lot of Old Time Radio lately. I think I've mentioned before the HomeSchool Radio Show. We really enjoy the shows they send us and have even purchased a few of their collections. They have "Living Books for the Ears". We also go to an Old Time Radio Show website and listen. The kids LOVE "Father Knows Best" and "The Great Gildersleeve". We have a lot of fun with them.


DD read a Children's Classics version of "Little Women" by Louisa May Alcott and loved it. All she talks about is Jo this and Jo that. So, today we listened to a radio version of it with Katherine Hepburn as Jo. It was really pretty good and she thoroughly enjoyed it.
This is what she drew and colored as she listened. I think it is wonderful!! She is such a little artist. She is constantly amazing me. ( She just informed it's not finished.)


She is also working on "Laura's Nine Patch Pillow" from the Little House books. She is loving it!! It's almost finished. She has already made, "Ma's Needle Book". She is having a ball sewing. She's a natural. (I wish I was!!!)


She has made me want to find time to work on some projects I've had in the planning though. Maybe, I just will.


DS, well, he's just DS. It's like pulling teeth to get him to do much but he has started writing (on the computer he hates pencil and paper) a book. It's really quite good and very entertaining.

DH is currently in the Middle East for a couple of weeks. YUCK, but we are handling it remarkably well and are keeping busy. The first day or was awful but we have rebounded quite well.


I guess that's about all the update I have for now. I need to go get somethings done. Have a wonderful evening homeschooling friends.


PS. If you and children enjoy stories you should really consider checking out the HomeSchool Radio Shows site I mentioned above. They are lots of fun and full of learning.

No comments: