Tuesday, April 17, 2007

A good day...

Well, I wasn't sure how good it was going to be but it has turned out alright. DS never makes life easy for me or for him either for that matter. It took him until almost 10am to even get started on his school work but thankfully he has now finished it all.

Today for our together "work" we listened to NBC University Theater's The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. Then they both made pages to add to their Mark Twain Notebooks. We really enjoy listening to the stories on "old time radio".

DD started a new notebook for books she has read. She almost always draws pictures of books she reads as she is reading them or afterwards and so I figured she needs a place to keep them.

Now they are both outside playing in the nice sunshine (when it's not hiding behind a cloud). I'm sitting out on the deck with my computer plugged in out here typing away to you all, as I watch them play.

We've got to run to the store in a few minutes so we have milk for breakfast in the morning. We were just there yesterday, I wish I had realized then that we needed milk! I'd rather not get out unnecessarily. GAS IS TOO HIGH!!! I wish I could get by without ever having to drive my car!! If gas doesn't get more affordable soon we may have to give up the library, grocery shopping, dance, and church!! They are all too far way to walk to and with no sidewalks around here it makes it even harder! I would attempt to walk more places if had them but... we don't and people drive like maniacs these days too so...

Okay, off the soap box! I hope you all are having a nice a day as we are.

No comments: