Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I'm still here....

were you wondering?? Did you think I go lost? Well, no, we just had a nice long weekend with DH. We were very lazy and will pay for it now but sometimes you need to be lazy.

Thursday, the kids and I went to see "The Red Badge of Courage" at the Roxy Theater. It was really good. DD was a little bored at first but she got into it eventually. I knew it would be a push for her but DS wanted to go and what was I going to do with her??? It was nice.

Friday- Monday was our long weekend with DH. He ended up feeling sickly but before that we went out to Chuck E. Cheese for some fun and pizza. We did that on Friday morning. Then we kind of went downhill from there.

Anyway, that was our weekend. Now it's Tuesday and we are back at school. We were up early eating breakfast and then they got busy on their work while I visited with DH after PT. When DH left for work we went for a nice walk. It is so nice outside. It's cloudy and we are expecting rain but the temperature is in the 50's!! SPRING FEVER!!

I think the kids are tiring of the Pioneers. I was taking it slow for them because they weren't retaining any of it but now, I'm slightly regretting that. I may just cut it a little short and we will go over it again in a year or two and cover the rushed part more in depth and what we studied in depth this time a little less. We'll see.

We all have spring fever. I want to plant a garden this year. We never have before and I definitely DO NOT have a green thumb but I think it would be fun and the kids would learn a lot. We have a couple of dilemmas.

1. We don't have a lot of extra money to spend on it.
2. Our yard is not fenced and we get a lot of deer and rabbits who could and probably would eat our veggies!
3. We want to grow everything!!

So, if anyone has any suggestions please give them!!! I think this is where will be heading on our unit studies. It seems like a natural flow from the pioneers.

1 comment:

Amy Witt said...

oh, I know how having a lazy day can get you behind. I do it on occasion but the rest is so nice. Here is to hoping you get caught up.