Monday, January 09, 2006

Not so easy...

Not that I ever really thought it would be easy. I knew it would be hard but I didn't realize how much I would miss some of my freedom. Don't get me wrong. I love homeschooling and I'm very glad we are doing it but...

I miss my alone time. My time for reading, shopping, cleaning and such. My son is 11 and guess that I did think he would be able to do more on his own and probably this is all just part of the adjustment. I don't know.

Maybe it's made worse by the fact that my husband is currently deployed and he left the day we started homeschooling. I'm not whining but that could be part of it. I don't have my crying time during the day that I've had in the past. I get pretty down sometimes and that makes it hard to teach and I get cranky too.

Of course it's no piece of cake for my son either. He misses his dad. He's at an age where he really needs him. Puberty is here and I'm sure it would be nice to have Dad here. He gets down as well and I think he feels a lot pressure to be "the man of the house". Not pressure we have put on him but that he has put on himself. He's very protective of me. I have a hard time sometimes getting him to go do things without me. He does do stuff with our church but lots of times I have to force him. He's always glad I did after the fact but...

We are struggling today. As in everything, we have good days and bad days. This isn't really bad day just ... a tough day.

No comments: