Thursday, January 05, 2006

A New Year...

Well, it's a new year and things so far are going well on our Homeschooling Adventure! DS got right to work after the Christmas break and I am very proud of him.

We are still using Saxon Math which he really likes. Even said today that he is really enjoying his math lately.

The Language Arts through Literature is going pretty well too. We need to be a little more diligent about it but we are enjoying it. We are currently reading the "Bronze Bow".

We have finally moved out of Ancient Egypt. Changing curriculum like we did left us there toooooo long and he was growing very tired of it. We are now in Ancient Africa getting ready to move on to The Assyrians. He wants to skip it all get right to Greece and Rome. I'm tempted to do it but am trying to encourage him to stick with the lesson plans.

We are still struggling with Science. I ordered a new "curriculum" and I think we will like it but can't really start it just yet. While I was waiting for it I checked out a book from the library that we are working through and he is enjoying it I think.

He should be getting back to his guitar lessons this weekend so he's practicing it now. I should be more firm with him and his practicing at home.

That's where we are for now.

No comments: