Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Do Hard Things: A Teenage Rebellion Against Low ExpectationsWe have been reading our little heads off!  Well, DD and I have been anyway...

We are still reading "Do Hard Things" and it is really good.  I like what it has to say.  I know it is written for teens but it speaks to me everyday.  I need to work on all of this too.  I'm glad that we are reading it.  I just hope the kids are getting as much out of it as I am.  I hope they are really listening and taking it all to heart.

The WarhorseWe finished reading "The Warhorse" and LOVED IT!  It was so exciting and full of adventure.  It was a little on the easy side but we enjoyed it anyway.    We had a hard time putting it down each day and on Thursday we had two reading sessions and we finished it.  It's a good read.

We are getting ready to start either "Mary, Bloody Mary" or "Nory Ryan's Song".  I can't decide.  They both sound really good.

The Midwife's ApprenticeDD has finished one of her books.  She read "The Midwife's Apprentice" and she enjoyed it.  I need to read it too.  It is short so maybe I could get it read in a day.

The Pirate's Son (Point Signature)DS is still reading "The Pirate's Son"  and so am I.  I was really enjoying it and need to get back to it and finish it. 

We are working on the Renaissance and I'm enjoying it.  I think the kids are too. 

DD is working on Dental Health for Science.  We thought it would be a good time to do so since she has been in the process of getting braces the past few weeks. 

DS has picked his French back up and is enjoying it much more this time.  He is still busy with his Algebra 2 and Biology, music and more.

We are moving right along....  How are you doing?

1 comment:

Sherri Williams said...

I forgot to mention that DD is reading "Incantation" now and is really enjoying it. She is almost done already!! She is AWESOME!