Monday, January 05, 2009

It's been awhile...


I just don't post here regularly enough. We are still here and homeschooling. We took most the month of December off because DH was home on leave. We had a wonderful time him. I love that about homeschooling... we can be available for these occasions. We needed the time together... the kids needed to be free to be with Dad and I did too. DH has been gone for 8 months now and we have 5 to 6 left. These 15 month deployments are stupid and too hard on the soldiers and their families. I'm glad that are doing away with them!

Anyway, we started back to "school" today and it went really well. We are still using "Connect the Thoughts" and it's going well. I started implementing it a little different today and I think it went really well. We really like it.

DD is struggling some with Math. We've had a hard time finding a curriculum that fits her but we are now trying Mammoth Math. Today was her first day with it and I think she liked it. She did well with the review today and didn't complain a bit. I'm really proud of her.

DS is doing great with his Geometry. Way better than I ever did! His writing is awesome! He blows me away. He's been teasing me with his writing. The way the curriculum is set up he only has to write so many words and he so he starts stories, sometimes in the middle, and gets me hooked but always leaves me wondering what happens next! It's driving me crazy but I think he looks at it like a challenge and loves it. He writes some great stuff.

Well, that's what is going on with us and our homeschooling adventure. You can catch on our other stuff at Musings By Mommy.

No comments: