Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Oh my... Homeschooling. I can never seem to stay with any thing for long. It seems that I get scared and have to switch every so many months!! This is terrible because I can't afford to switch this often!! I'm driving myself crazy.

I really about DS. He's the oldest and he's the one that has to take the standardized test this year. I worry that I'm holding him back and not teaching what he really needs. Oh how I worry!

We've been rather eclectic. I pick and chose here and there what I want to use. I had decided on the Latin Centered Curriculum this year. Well, I'm really not sure this is working for us. Wait, I should say for me. I'm having a harder time with it than they are but I'm the one that is supposed to be teaching it! Plus, I'm not sure that DS is learning all the grammar he needs at this level. It would be different if we were starting at the beginning but we aren't. He's in the 7th grade!

There needs to be more help on how to start in the middle! Most everything out there to read about homeschooling assumes you are starting at the beginning. It's rather frustrating.

Okay, I'm frustrated and worried. It will be okay though. I know it will.

No comments: